Friday, June 7, 2013

A spoonful of sugar

I live in South Korea.  I have lived here for two and a half years.  Although life has been grand there are so many moments when I have to stop and really think about why I came in the first place.  When you live in a different country for too long, you begin to find thing you just absolutely HATE about the place.  In my sociology classes we learned about the honeymoon period.  That period of time when something is new and you just LOVE everything about it.  That feeling can last for a long or short period of time.  As I talk with my friends I have made here in South Korea I have come to realize that for the most part everyone LOVES the first 3 months here in South Korea.  After that the cultural differences begin to annoy you.  Then you realize how much South Korea annoys you.  So how did I survive after the three months.  Simple, a spoonful of sugar.  Do you remember Mary Poppins?  I use to love that song.  Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.  South Korea is much like medicine, but when you find the right people and places to hang out, it's like getting your spoonful of sugar everyday.
I started this blog a long time ago because I wanted to share my experience with other people.  Life sometimes gets in the way of you sharing your happiness.  I was so busy thinking of my plans that I just didn't want to take the time to share all my happy and not so happy memories anymore.  This choice I regret.  I wish I would have done more sharing.  
As I think about the future and all I want to do in the future I wish I had more people to share my hopes and dreams with!  
So now is my chance.  My chance to share a hope and a dream with the world.  I hope and pray that God will send people my way so that they can be a part of what could be the best decision I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment