Monday, July 1, 2013

Pictures are worth a thousand words!


Every year in Busan we have The Fireworks Festival.  I LOVE FIREWORKS.  
When I first arrived in Busan I was told about this wonderful display of lights and colors!  I was so excited to witness it for the first time.  This event usually takes place in September!  I arrived in December so I had almost a year to wait and to build up my excitement.  I remember having a picture in my mind about how awesome it was going to be. I did have a whole year to form in my mind what it was going to look like.  I had so many people tell me different stories about how awesome it was.  I heard they shot off fireworks to the beat of different songs as they played in the background, I heard that there were lasers, I heard there were so
many different kinds of fireworks it would blow my mind.  So naturally I formed in my head what it was going to be like.  The thing about having something so talked up is that you form an opinion and usually what you form is so much better than the actual thing.  And that's exactly what I did.  My first year I was very disappointed at the end, but now looking back it was still the best display of fireworks I had ever seen.  I was only disappointed because my mind made it much more spectacular than any thing could ever really be.  My second year I went and I loved every minute of it.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  Right now it is the beginning of July and i'm counting the days until The Fireworks Festival will be here.  I'm telling you if you like fireworks, you should definitely make a trip to South Korea to see this marvellous display.

Here is an example of the very beginning...so as you can imagine it only gets bigger and better throughout the rest of the show.












Here is about the 3rd or 4th song in!  As you can see the fireworks are still going strong!













As we all know you can't have a fireworks show without somewhere over the rainbow!!!












Here is a good example of the lasers they used throughout the show.





Sadly my battery died after I took this video :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment